Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Co. Road Trip Day 6...New Mexico

I awoke early day 6 to the patter of rain on the tent and bees buzzing a couple inches from my ear...luckily on the other side of the tent fabric. One thing I don't like is packing up a camp site in the rain........awoke my better half (earlier than usual....) and goaded her into getting rolling before we had any rain. We headed towards Taos New Mexico under very threatening skies.
A few miles out of Taos we could see a literal wall of water in the valley and were getting some rain when we came across a protected rest area right next to the Rio Grande Canyon.
We took a break under the enclosure while it rained for 30 minutes or so.

Headed over the bridge towards Taos......

Navigators view of the gorge....pretty awesome canyon.

Hit Taos before the 10:30 AM Breakfast witching hour.....I always think of the Michael Douglas movie"Falling Down" when I eat breakfast at McDonalds...............if you know what I mean....

No comments:

Gila Mtns.

Gila Mtns.