Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back on three wheels..........

Today was spent installing the sidecar sub frame and then spent a few hours attaching the hack......had to reposition both lower mounts to fit the sub frame......everything came together pretty good....still need to fine tune toe in and lean out but things look pretty close.

I removed the Califia Fairing as I still need better access to the chassis. Looks like the upper front sidecar mount will be a tough fit with the fairing mounted...we'll have to wait and see.....I want to get any "gremlins" that may arise before wiring in a fairing and making access harder than it already is.........



This sub frame will be much more stable than the mounting system I used on the R75. The down side is that the I-beam sub frame crowds the oil filter access....may have to pull things apart to change out the oil filter....Upon removing the upper rear mount from the R75, I saw where the mount wore into the frame a millimeter or two....looks like it would have eventually ate through the frame.....obviously had some movement going on there but it was not noticable.


The old R75/5 will now get a rest and likely retire to solo use after 15k rough sidecar tug miles....she served me well......




No comments:

Gila Mtns.

Gila Mtns.