Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Texas 1973 1/2 BMW R75/5

I'm always on the lookout for old BMW's. Ran across this 1973 1/2 long Wheel Base R75/5 today. The asking price is more than what it is worth but I had to take a look. I was hoping that some rare accessories or something might come with it. It ended up just being an old driver which needs a little TLC. Mostly original.....looked like a /6 tank and side covers. The headlight and ring were rough. After market mufflers.



Beneath all the dirt I think it would clean up pretty good. Needs a tune up and a general going over. Push rod tube seals were leaking. It likely hasn't had much normal maintenance being in the country most its' life.......



The owner/seller dropped his price to $1600.00 right away but it looks like an $800.00 bike to me....It fired up after some coaxing and the engine sounded OK although needs a tune up / carb synch pretty bad. Not for me @ $1600.00 anyway, but a possible good runner for someone......

1 comment:

cladd said...

Amarillo person interested in talking about side cars....how to contact you?? cladd@arn.net

Gila Mtns.

Gila Mtns.