Monday, July 27, 2015

Hacks at the Billings MT. MOA Rally

Wandered around a few times and photographed a few of the Rigs / other bikes present.

[​IMG]

"Boxer Metal" tank badge.

[​IMG]

Thought there was a dead animal in the chair...guess I was right....

[​IMG]


[​IMG]


[​IMG]


[​IMG]


[​IMG]


[​IMG]

Not a "Hack" but interesting.....Matt Parkhouse's "Eco Friendly" Electric Toaster

[​IMG]

I seem to run across this Rig / Rider every couple of years around the Western US

[​IMG]

Obviously a "pooch" hauler....

[​IMG]

Kayaking anyone?

[​IMG]

My rig:

[​IMG]


[​IMG]

a small fraction of the bikes in attendance:

[​IMG]

This R80ST Was very nice.

[​IMG]

Another clean solo bike which caught my attention

[​IMG]

and another:

[​IMG]

Michelin sold a lot of rubber.

[​IMG]

Grass camping space was at a premium & crowded...this area was right along a major road...had to be noisy. I think a lot of folks were in motels. Final attendance was around 6000 I heard.

[​IMG]

I returned for the closing ceremonies hoping to win a door prize or something....of course I left empty handed. There were a lot of European Bike Touring prizes.....when you think about it, I would likely pass....."Air Fare Not Included".....Prize for one person...would end up costing thousands out of pocket for your "Prize"...

2 comments:

RichardM said...

Nice photos, thanks. I had a family reunion on the same dates as the rally do had to pass on it this year. Did they announce the location for next year?

redlegsrides said...

Thanks for the photos of the rigs....

Gila Mtns.

Gila Mtns.